How to Face Your Daily Life with a Diagnosis? In my case IBS.

 How to Face Your Daily Life with a Diagnosis? In my case IBS.

A few days ago I was listening to Mel Robbins, author of many books and podcast host, talk about the “million dollar morning routine.” She tells us about the importance of this time of day, and how we must use it appropriately to achieve our goals, whatever they may be. Personally, it is something I have learned since I was diagnosed with chronic and severe ISB type D. I have had crises in which I have seen my social and work life completely paralyzed, affecting my mental health as well. But all this gave me the opportunity to learn many things that made me change the perspective I had of my life. And the first thing I started to change were my habits and routines, starting in the morning. I discovered that the best way to begin to face my new reality with a good attitude and with a more compassionate view of myself was to start by getting up early and being grateful that there is still much I can do, that I am alive and that the opportunities are there for me. Then make my bed, wash my face and then roll out my yoga mat, and start my yoga session. It is the moment in which I can decide what my attitude will be and what I want to achieve on this day, as well as give myself a moment of gratitude towards life. After that I prepare my breakfast and then take my daily walk. At the end of all this I can start with the agenda I have prepared for my day. Today I can say that this routine with these habits that I have created for my mornings are essential to create a positive attitude every day, especially in difficult moments. It is not always easy, there are days when the pain can be intense, and I still continue, without pressure. I can do a yoga session in a chair or adapted to what I need at that moment, my walks can be shorter, walk a little and then sit and maintain my fullest awareness observing what is around me. All of this will ensure that I do not waver in my commitment to live more fully and reconciled with my physical limitations. Keeping my house clean and tidy is another habit that helps me organize and clarify my ideas and feel like I am in a nice, pleasant and cozy place. This also helps me as an art therapist, to work and develop my creativity, commitment to myself, develop conscious listening and honesty, not only with myself, but also with the people I work with. Giving your best every day is the best way to start, and to live in the present, because a good start can be the beginning of a wonderful journey that you have been dreaming of for a long time.

Comments

Popular Posts

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *