How to be Disciplined in the Practice of Yoga?




I started practicing Yoga since I was 19 years old, it has been a long road with hard and beautiful moments. And like every yoga practitioner who is on a spiritual quest, I have also traveled to India, with the help of people who I will never forget and be grateful for, even though I no longer see them today. I have also had periods in my life when I have found myself completely removed from this practice. Today, I have been able to achieve that desired discipline that you want to have when you start on this wonderful journey of Yoga, I practice it daily for an hour, early in the morning. I always say that this daily routine is my morning coffee (I don't like coffee), but it is not easy, there are days when it is difficult to get out of bed, especially in winter, or when the days are not being easy. But, how have I managed to be disciplined in my practice? It's very simple, I DO WHAT I LIKE. That is the principle to be disciplined in anything we set out to do, it will be very difficult to achieve discipline if you do something you don't like, or maybe you will succeed but you will suffer a lot. Then comes COMMITMENT, because, when you like something and want to dedicate yourself to it, you commit to yourself, and as I heard Cristiano Ronaldo, a Portuguese footballer, say, "discipline means challenging yourself every day". This commitment comes together with the DECISION, every day when you wake up you choose that this is what you want and you immerse yourself in your practice. All this is not possible if there is no SACRIFICE, I would often like to sleep a little more, or not have to wake up so early, but this commitment leads me to sacrifice a little. It is not painful, because you do what you like. You can really feel the benefits always and that gives you personal satisfaction and confirmation that you made a good decision. Discipline implies EFFORT, because nothing comes by chance, you have to make an effort daily, and in that process the best ally is PATIENCE, because you have to be patient to see your goals achieved, but above all, patient with yourself to understand your own times, until achieve your goals. Patience will give you PERSEVERANCE, to continue without giving up at the first difficulty that arises. I will finish by saying that my yoga practice together with the discipline have immersed me in an internal process that has led me to what I was looking for so much when I started on this path and that I did not know what it was, myself.

Comments

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *